As the demand increases, so do opportunities. Currently, InterFit does not have an independent adapted kayaking program, but partners with other organizations that do. If you are looking for a chance to paddle please see our schedule for a list of these partnerships or contact the following organizations directly.
Power to Be Adventure Therapy:
Vancouver Park Board – Access Services
Adapted Kayak Camp
Most mountains now offer some sort of adapted skiing opportunity. Vancouver’s three North Shore hills offer excellent programs for the disabled. With a variety of terrain, equipment and volunteers there’s no reason not to give adapted skiing a try! The following organizations can be contacted for more information:
- Vancouver Adapted Snow Sports (VASS):
- 604-646-VASS (8277)
- Snow Limo Tours offers guided tours for non-skiers: just sit back and enjoy the ride.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities within the North Vancouver Recreation Commission (NVRC) and the District of West Vancouver’s Community Services (WVCS) offer accessible weight rooms, equipment and programs. West Vancouver’s pool facility provides pool chairs and a specialized wheelchair lift for disabled users.
For facilities and program information:
- North Vancouver Recreation Commission (NVRC):
- Contact William Griffin Recreation Centre at 604-987-PLAY (7529) or visit online at www.northvanrec.com
- District of West Vancouver:
- Contact the Access Coordinator at 604-925-7279 or visit online at www.westvancouver.ca